Surf Coast Apartments Terms and Conditions
YOUR EXPECTATIONS OF TORQUAY - A great holiday!
OUR EXPECTATIONS – Our property and other guests are respected!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Surf Coast Apartments It is important you thoroughly read, understand and sign as accepted these terms and conditions.
We hope you enjoy your stay in the district.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Download our Terms and Conditions)
- Check in will commence from 2pm on arrival & conclude at 10am on departure. Additional charges will be levied for late check out without written approval and deducted from credit card.
- The maximum number of occupants is not to exceed the agreed number of people when booking for the property. Overloading will render the tenant liable to termination of the booking with no refund. In addition to this SCHR will levy $100 per person per night for people residing at the property over the mutually agreed number when booking. You agree in signing this document to this being charged to your pre-ordained credit card or other method sought.
- Should any form of party be held at the property or a gathering or party of more than the accepted number of guests be held at the rented property I the undersigned agree that I am liable for an additional charges for project management fee's for time used by SCHR to rectify issues caused by the tenant, group or third parties of $200 per hour payable to Surf Coast Holiday Rentals. My credit card can be charged for this amount, be deducted from the bond or any other method sought by Surf Coast Holiday Rentals. Additional costs will be added if/when tenant taken to VCAT to retrieve charges. Damage to the rented property will also be added to this amount. An invoice and log of time will be supplied including date & time of works actioned.
- Tenants agree to allow SCHR staff member or his/her nominee to enter the rented premises to carry out any necessary repairs should the need arise.
- No smoking at any time inside any of Surf Coast Holiday Rentals properties. A $250 reinstatement fee will be applied to any property found to have been smoked in. This will be charged to your credit card.
- Lost keys must be reported to our staff members & paid for immediately. Lost keys are levied at a cost of $150 per key and swipe card for replacement.
- Any damage not reported or found on inspection for the rental will be charged to the pre ordained credit card details, deducted from bond or tenant will be taken to VCAT and additional costs for attendance will be claimed.
- Strictly no dogs (or other pets) under any circumstances inside any house for any reason. Pets found to have been inside a house will render the tenant liable for a $250 charge for contractor to commercially clean the inside of the property..
- Premises must be left clean and tidy otherwise an additional cleaning fee will be charged to your credit card. All rubbish must be removed and disposed into garbage shoots near the lifts. BBQ is to be left clean otherwise an additional charge of $100 will be applied.
- Furniture or household effects are not to be removed from the premises and all must be left in the same position at all times.
- Occupation of premises which SCHR staff has reason to believe is causing a nuisance to other guests or place the property owner in a situation of loss will be terminated immediately with no refund given. Any malicious damage or behaviour will be reported to police immediately. The fees in "clause's 2 & 3" will be applied for this serious breach.
- Keys can be collected from our office after 2.00pm or by close of business on day of arrival. This is mostly 5pm. Please contact our office for alternative arrangements if required. An after hours call out fee applies if no collection arrangement has been made with our office
- Keys must be returned to the our office at 20 Pearl Street immediately on vacating the property. Late check out fee of 50% of the nightly rate applies and will be charged to your credit card.
- No responsibility is taken for tenants personal property left on the premises. A $50 Search Fee will be applied if SCHR staff asked to located items left behind.
- Bookings only confirmed upon full payment. Deposit & final payment must be received by the due dates. Cancellation conditions apply. See Cancellation Policy for further details. Utilities accounts for short term lease's to be paid in full on or prior to check out.
- All bookings are for the dates shown on the receipt only. We reserve the right to cancel any booking should the need arise. The booking is made in good faith by the staff member, but may be subject to change as may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. We will not accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the premises outside our control. (Every endeavour will be made to offer a suitable alternative if this occurs)
- Our staff will describe the premises and location to the best of their ability and in good faith, no responsibility or refunds for alleged mis-description will be accepted unless SCHR has made the error in writing. I agree that I have chosen the property with or without viewing the property prior to or after booking to booking first hand and are responsible for my own choice.
- Any cash bond held by Surf Coast Holiday Rentals for rental will be deducted/refunded within 14 days by way of cheque to the person who initially booked the property and to their nominated postal address.
* Important Note:
The management of SCHR reserve their right to terminate the tenancy immediately if any of the above conditions listed above, as well as any unforseen circumstance that may cause a loss to the Property Owner of the property, SCHR, SCHR employees or the general public.
No refund available for cancelled or terminated booking/s.
SCHR respects the privacy of all their clients. All private information retained by SCHR will only be used for the purpose of client holiday booking. No information will be on-sold to any third party for advertising or database usage.
Before you book a property, please ensure that you made all necessary enquiries and are certain of the booking made.
If for any reason a booking is cancelled the deposit as well as any further payments are forfeited. You may postpone your stay and the funds may be used for the same property at another time. This is subject to the property owners approval for this to occur.
No changes or alterations are allowed once a property is booked.
- Security Bond to be lodged with SCHR and will be held until end of the tenancy.
- Inspection will be completed at 10am on day of check out and a written report and photos issued.
- Bond refund will be sent via mail to the person who booked the property within 14 working days. Refunds by cheque only.
For further information please contact our team on (03) 5261 6661.